Tuesday 4 November 2008

Barack Obama is the new President of the United States of America (USA) - updated

I will have to leave my computers for today, and I won't have time until tomorrow to blog.

Therefore, let me post this now, so when you come to my blog during the night or morning, you will always be up-to-date:
It is sure now: Barack Obama has been elected the next President of the United States of America (USA). Political leaders all over the world have congratulated Barack Obama, and huge crowds frenetically celebrated his victory all throughout the US.
This victory will change the image of the USA in Europe, at least at the beginning, leaving aside the pictures of US troops in Iraq and tortured prisoners in Guantanamo.

The image of the country where everybody can make it will be restored - and time will tell whether Obama's promises of hope and change will become a reality, at home in the US, but also beyond (not least on our beautiful European continent).

Update:

First, and just for the protocol: I was right.

Second, for EU reactions check the Child of Europe.

0 comments: