Monday, 6 July 2009

The Swedish EU-Council presidency (2): Am I dreaming?

Not one week in office, and this Swedish EU-Council presidency manages to impress me more than the previous presidency did in six month.

Or have you ever seen a video interview with the presidency's ambassador after a COREPER-meeting...?

I think I am dreaming - and I will have to dig for negative news around the Swedish presidency in order not to make this blog become a pro-institutional PR instrument.

But Sweden, please, continue in this transparency direction - and make sure that everyone after you will keep this alive!

(via Anda on Twitter)


rose22 said...

It's an interesting idea, and I'd love to believe it'll make EU processes more accessible to more than just a tiny EU-literate audience.
Would be interested to see what a COREPER I interview would sound like though, given the incredibly technical nature of the issues discussed.

Grahnlaw said...


The start of the Swedish Council Presidency is the best I can remember with regard to information and openness.

At the same time we have a new European Parliament; the Lisbon Treaty is hanging in the balance and if it enters into force, it will need a number of implementing decisions; the financial and economic crisis is ongoing; the new Commission should be nominated; the climate deal is still open...

These six months are going to be really demanding, even without sudden crises.