Monday 21 July 2008

Barroso's Brussels

By the way: Mr. Barroso, President of the European Union Commission, wants to stay in office after the next elections, EUobserver has observed.

The only thing he needs is a European Peoples Party majority after the next European Parliament elections.

However, it is a pity that Commissioner Walström did not put forward my comment to one of her recent posts concerning gender equality in politics to Mr. Barroso. I suppose, blogging and commenting is not as influential as I though...

2 comments:

Brussels Blogger said...

Good comment on Margot's blog. But for the moment it would be strange for Barroso to support a women when he is seeing himself as a candidate.

Julien Frisch said...

I suppose so. Yet, what an effect this would have! :-)

(Still I know this is totally unrealistic.)