For the report, youngsters have been asked why they are applying for the Romanian domestic intelligence service SRI ('Serviciul Român de Informaţii' = a secret service). The results are astonishing:
- 53% are applying for job security reasons
- 11% want to do it for the money, and
- 6% are doing it for familiy traditions
- 19% want social recognition (... for a secret function!)
- and 2% apply because of ... James Bond.
Well, it seems as if the SRI offers plenty of interesting perspectives: A secure, well-paid and recognised work connected with a James Bond lifestyle that has been a family tradition for a long time already.
Maybe the European Union could harmonise this so that all countries or the EU as a whole would enjoy such a nice secret service.