Wednesday 17 December 2008

The Czech EU-Council Presidency logo is ugly

Just a small comment: The logo of the 2009 EU-Council Presidency that will be held by the Czech Republic is ugly.

It looks like kindergarden, and although I think I understand the intention of these many colors, they just look ugly. They look as if there has been a lack of ideas (although the explanatory text tells the opposite). And I have not yet started to talk about politics...

The ugliness is especially visible when you compare it to the logos of the previous Council presidencies:
I know that this is matter of taste (update: although brusselsblogger also calls it "not very readable"), but I will repeat that, especially in comparison with the latest EU presidency logos, the Czech is rather ugly.

Sorry for that...!

5 comments:

Jon Worth said...

I agree - it's horrid. It's not only the colours - the font is not at all elegant either.

Finland topped my poll on the issue.

Unknown said...

The logo shown here


http://crroad.blogspot.com/

is different. Which one is real?

Julien Frisch said...

It's the same (this logo is on the upper right sight of the image I have linked), if I am not mistaken.

Antal Dániel said...

I think it is kind of weird that the EU has a new logo presidency logo every six months.

Antal Dániel said...

You can prevent another ugly logo if you vote on the Belgian/Spanish/Hungarian presidency logo plans.