Tuesday 9 March 2010

Greece, boredom and representative democracy

I am so bored by news on Greece.

I have understood that the country is in financial trouble and that this could threaten the Eurozone and the Euro. I have understood that Eurozone leaders aren't willing to give unconditional help but that some kind of support might be necessary to get Greece out of the shit. I have also understood that not everyone in Greece seems to share the assessment of the situation.

But why do we need so many reports around this topic? I as a citizen cannot do anything about that, this kind of thing is exactly why I have elected officials and their administrations. That is why I have representative democracy supported by technical experts. Let them take a decision that doesn't ruin our monetary system and then let's move on.

Since I will not get an informed idea what would be the best solution because that is a pretty complex matter and I don't have an administration around me to explain all the concrete consequences, I won't have an informed opinion about the topic.

So I also don't need press and blog discussions about this or that monetary fund and this or that measure to save money and there. They don't explain the real consequences, they talk about the politics of the matter, making the situation more complicated instead of easier.

I don't know, maybe I am wrong, but I am bored to death hearing about the Greece thing in the press.

PS.: To our politicians: Just take a decision and explain it to us. If we don't like it, you won't be re-elected.

0 comments: