Monday 9 March 2009

Les élections européennes en Belgique: Une réaction

Sorry for my English speaking-readers, but here comes my French comment to a French article published in a Belgian newspaper titled "L’important enjeu du scrutin européen" ('The important challenge of the European elections'):
C'est intéressant de voir que même en Belgique, le pays qui "héberge" la plupart des institutions de l'Union européenne, la population et les parties politiques ne se concentrent que sur les élections régionales et à peine aux élections européennes.

Comment intéresser ceux qui sont loin de Bruxelles quand même ceux qui sont proche ne suivent pas avec intérêt...?!
I wanted to comment directly, but I need a registration and I cannot register everywhere, so I publish it here on my blog.

The original article discusses low interest in Belgium for the upcoming EP elections, especially compared to the parallel regional elections, and I wanted to express my concern that if those living in the country hosting the most important European institutions do not feel interested in the European elections - how can we expect somebody living further away to care for what is going on in Brussels?

------------------------------
In this blog, I am following up national and European activities on the path to the European Parliament elections 2009.

For an overview over all articles in this category have a look at the overview article.

For the five newest post see also the sidebar.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Meanwhile, a poll reveals that 53% of french people now feel "interested" by the european elections, against 46% in 2004 (source : http://www.euractiv.fr/priorites-de-lue-elections/article/53-francais-deja-interesses-scrutin-europeen-selon-sondage-001453).

Ironic, n'est-il pas ?