Saturday 11 April 2009

A book. A garden. Europe.

I have read a book. And I did some gardening.

You might ask what this has to do with a blog about Europe and European politics.

Not much.

Just that the fact that I can spend some time with gardening and reading without much to worry is because I live in an environment that gives me the time and freedom to do so.

Sometimes, in our area of wealth and relative freedom - of unrecognised luxury - we tend to forget about these conditions. But before and after reading a diverting book and preparing a garden for the beauty of spring I still think about these conditions, and about those who are not as lucky as I am.

I suppose that this is why I am blogging. About reading and gardening. And Europe.

1 comments:

Martin Cole said...

I hope you were planting vegetables!

The EU is set on destroying all that peace and security for which our ancestors fought!

When the supermarket shelves start to empty home grown veg will be tasty!